Native American & Alaskan Native Outreach
The Social Security Administration (Social Security) developed outreach efforts to Indian Country through the Ticket to Work program for Tribal members with disabilities.
Goals for this initiative include:
- Improving access to employment programs and supports throughout Indian Country
- Enhancing Social Security service to American Indians and Alaskan Natives with disabilities and to Tribal Communities in the area of career development and employment outcomes
- Engaging other Federal partners who are tasked to serve these communities, including the Rehabilitation Services Administration, the Department of Labor, the Bureau of Indian Health, and other partners that assist and support Social Security's efforts to connect American Indians and Alaskan Natives to work and career opportunities
American Indian/Alaska Native Vocational Rehabilitation (AIVR) programs (Section 121 of the Rehabilitation Act) are now automatically qualified to become Employment Networks (ENs).
Specific reference materials are available below. For interest in participation, additional information or support, please email: ENService@ssa.gov.
- Social Security Letter to AIVR Partners (PDF)
- Native American and Alaskan Outreach (PDF)
- Legislation (PDF)
- National Congress of American Indians Resolution # ABQ-10-017 (PDF)