Resources for Veterans in Post-Secondary Education
Student Veterans of America: SVA provides resources and support to Veterans participating in post-secondary education. SVA's five major initiatives include:
- Support chapters that provide leadership training, grants, and networking opportunities that facilitate the development of successful student-run organizations that advocate for supportive campus services and programs.
- SVA's Advocacy efforts ensure policies at the national level are not only supportive for veterans in their transition to school and employment, but also for the entire military community.
- SVA Develops Partnerships to serve the larger community by working with other organizations to provide scholarships, mentorships, employment, and benefits counseling.
- SVA Connect Alumni is a networking program that connects graduating and alumni veterans with a variety of professional opportunities.
- SVA's Investing in Research initiative is designed to contribute to the limited data that exists on the academic performance of student veterans and to showcase student veteran successes.
Toolkit for Veterans Friendly Institutions: Created by the American Council on Education (ACE), this online toolkit provides a range of tools to help schools build or enhance a veterans program that is right for them. It contains examples of successful veteran policies and programs while highlighting promising practices, community resources, and success stories.
DVA Online GI Bill Comparison Tool: This website provides quick links to educational and training resources for Veterans, including links leading to tools and information to aid individuals as they explore careers, compare schools, make decisions in choosing a school and apply for benefits under the GI Bill and find employment after furthering education. The Find Employment section includes Career Tools, a Profile and Resume Builder, and Employment Resources and Services including information on disability and assistive technology resources.